Faith
Ok the fun is just getting funner...lol. For about three years now I have believed that eventually the Lord would show us how to get to the roots of physical illness and show us how to be healed in our bodies not only in our minds and hearts. If healing the roots of our emotional issues made us well in our emotions why wouldn't healing the roots of our physical ailments heal our bodies. I am so excited to be seeing in print things that the Lord has been telling us for a while now.
Since my last post I received a book called "The Journey" by Brandon Bays that I had felt led to buy. Not really knowing what this book entailed, my heart leaped when I read the following, "....it is my firm belief that emotional memories are stored in the cells of the body and get passed on from one cell generation to the next, and that real healing begins when you let go of these cellular memories." Here was another person echoing our words. In my last post I shared that we had come to see that perhaps the body, which we know has memories, needs a voice to express its memories.
There are a few things the Lord has been showing us thru this healing journey we have been on as a community of friends. He recently spoke thru various people in words and visions that there was a curse over the body of one of our friends keeping her body in a very sick state. So in prayer we pursued the root and the Lord gave back a vivid memory, she was able to walk thru a process of forgivenness and the curse was broken off. We will see what begins to happen in her body from this point on. The distortion in this friend's body has actually mimicked a part of the memory. I can't really give the details without permission but it is sort of like if a baseball had been throw at you by a nasty bully in grade 2 and you had harbored unforgiveness about that situation, your body would grow a baseball shaped tumor in your belly at age 40. In her particular case the correlation is that clear from the old situation to the present one. Fascinating!!
So at age 40 a person can realize they have a health problem but have no idea what the root of it is, in fact they may not even have much recollection of the incident from their childhood and even if they do they are certainly are not thinking it is connected in any way to that tumor they have. The implications of not only that sort of thing but also the roots of hereditary illness and genetic illness is mind boggling.
Most medical doctors today would think you are nuts if you tried to suggest such a thing, but even though there is limited understanding among doctors about the significance of emotions and past trauma on disease, almost all doctors would acknowledge that stress has something to do with heart disease and cancer, etc. The times they are a changing and science is proving the things that God has always known. The Bible has a fair bit to say about the connection between disease and sin. God is well aware of the effects of destructive thinking and toxic emotions like unforgiveness. He has instructed us to put off the deeds of the carnal man and to put on Christ for more than just our spiritual health. He realizes that we are whole beings and that we cannot be compartmentalized.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Prov. 17:22 (Some day I will compile all the scriptures that refer to health and emotions. Ha when I have nothing else to do and I am not here hurriedly posting so my brain doesn't explode...lol)
We cannot live beyond what we believe. If you believe that God can heal you spirit, soul, and body you are willing to go there as He leads. But if you do not believe He can heal you spirit, soul, and body you will not go there with Him even if He is trying to nudge you in that direction. He would have to first change your understanding to conform to His way of thinking and then He could lead you in that area.
It is no secret that I believe in the restoration of all things (Acts 3). I could quote scriptures to support what I believe but I will never convince a person who has embraced another way of thinking unless the soil of their heart has first been prepared for a seed of new thought to be germinated there.
I believe that even our strongest doctrinal convictions are not our possessions to hold onto like our life depended on them. Our life doesn't depend on our strongly held convictions. Our life depends on the Lord. Why am I saying all of this? Simply to make the point that if we are to devote ourselves to the Lord with our whole being we cannot limit Him to our understanding of things. We need to lay down everything we have believed in order for Him to continue to persuade us in His ways. The word faith means persuasion. Persuasion comes thru relationship and experience not through mental assent to a prescribed formula. There is so much "Say this prayer and now you're saved." mentality out there but to be saved is to be completely delivered spirit, soul, and body. What does the Bible say? ... "you are saved by grace through faith" and "the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age." (Titus 2:11,12) Salvation is an active process of coming fully into faith. Perhaps the greatest barrier is that we like to hold onto our understanding rather than onto the Lord.
I was raised in a denomination that discouraged questions. If the answer wasn't in the book of church doctrine then you were not allowed to ask it. Perhaps that is why we studied the questions and answers of the Heidelberg Catechism. We had to be given not only the answers but the questions as well. (What a thought that is!) Like questions were somehow an affront to the Lord. Questions are really only an affront to those who want to control.
I think I am getting off on a tangent...but my point is... Can we risk everything including our deeply held convictions about what the truth is in order to pursue a life of discovering our Father and all that He has for us? The grave fear among christians is that one would fall into deception. You know there is an assumption among so many, it seems, that if it doesn't fit with your understanding of scripture it must be the devil speaking to you. So tell me then which understanding of the scriptures is the true one so I can judge it if that is the criteria.
So, let's say I am going to the Lord in prayer, I am genuinely seeking His will and have asked Him to speak to me. Can the devil even have a chance under those circumstances? Scripture says "You fathers--if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead?" (Luke 11:11)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home