Friday, February 04, 2005

Well I nearly forgot this blog exists. So much has happened I am sure I would never remember it all.

We, dh and I that is, have been living separate (on a marriage sabbatical) now since November 22, 04. It has been the best thing we have ever done for our marriage and I have to wonder if the kids will be a little disappointed when they can't go to dad's place anymore when he moves back in again and I know for sure I will miss having the whole house to myself once in a while.

It is amazing what the Lord can do in a few weeks time. We have seen Him come in to this situation with such passion to heal us as we have opened our hearts to let Him in. All the same, I have a new appreciation for the depths of pain people go thru because of marriage breakdown. We both had in mind from the beginning of this that our goal was to work things out, not end the relationship. Despite the Lord's continuing refining process in my life it has been a much needed rest from all the stress and the Lord has once again ignited hope in my heart. The whole thing has been so steeped in GOD I will likely still be marveling 10 years from now. Dh and I seem to have found a quiet restful place again brimming with newness but familiar enough to be comfortable.

One would think that I would have something of advice, wisdom, or help for another still in the throws of pain that relationship breakdown births but I find I only have immense compassion and can share little of benefit other than tears. Is there anything besides death that hurts more??? I have to wonder at times. I have often been wordless in attempts to descibe the emotions. There are just alot of tears that are joy and sorrow mingled as we come out of the hell and into the glory of God's goodness...it is time to move on and create a new reality...one that reflects God in the moment and has turned it's sights away from the past.


1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM , Blogger Helen Bratko said...

I've just loved watching this whole process and am amazed at what God has gone. Some day when you are past all of this, you may be able to offer advice or wisdom, but right now it is so close to you, that you just empathize in a deep way with others that are struggling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home