Hi Blog I missed you...
Two things today...
As I was reading The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis to the kids I came across two great lines...
"For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are."
"Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed."
Love those...
Second big event...I bought a juicer, thanks to my dad, who after watching me process pound upon pound of raw vegetables using a borrowed juicer became so convinced that this would not only be good for my health but his also...I pray he follows thru and buys himself one too...he handed me a cheque for far more than the juicer is worth. Yay...dad's are kinda cool to have I am realizing and that thought has really very little to do with money.
Ok, so I have more than two things to say tonight...I am tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired...anyone who knows me at all has heard me say that too much lately...I am counting on all this fatigue and extra pain having some redemptive value in my life. I am almost certain it is at least in part due to all the juicing I have been doing over the last few weeks and is a detox effect...I better up my water intake.
It was a profoundly enjoyable week with my parents visiting...never thought I would ever hear myself say that...God is good...maybe we all just go soft with age but I find myself thinking differently about life as I age...I used to think that when it came time to see kids leave home that that would be such a hard thing...Now I realize that it is a very good thing that they get to the point of leaving home...some days I am really ready for the oldest to get on her own and make life happen for herself (which she is doing) as an independant person...she is ready...that feels kinda good...and that we as parents can let her go knowing that she has her head screwed on right...so I guess that means that we are ready too...perhaps I am just too tiiiiiiiiired to worry about anything...and in 12 or so years when the youngest one is ready to leave maybe I will be thinking differently. Ha, what a laugh...somehow we got on to talking about weddings and ended up in the bedroom with all the girls and my mom trying on my wedding dress, then dd tried it on, then other dd tried it on, etc...was fun...It fit the oldest dd quite nicely. I said, "Well, good, that is done...now all we need to do is find some nice guy to walk up the aisle with you...lol." Hmm, that will be the next thing.
So, in the midst of the big juicing experiment I hope to be getting a new drug...like I am really into that stuff for sure...but hey, anything at this point that will improve my health would be good...and if it means I can reduce or get rid of the long term use, side effect laiden one I am on..that would be a double bonus. Seems like they have to get it from another planet it is taking so long for it to get here tho. Some drug review that is going on...So what do people who NEED this drug do in the meantime while the drug company is not manufacturing it? And who in the end can get it for me, after phoning almost every pharmacy in the district??? Why...Walmart of course...imagine that.
Ok, enough of this disjointed discourse....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home