Pain....
What we call pleasure, and rightly so is the absence of all pain.
Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
Pleasure: the feeling of happiness, delight, or satisfaction. (Encarta dictionary)
Well, if Cicero is right then perhaps there is no hope since I have been in chronic pain for a long time. Is there pleasure in life WHILE in pain? I believe so ... a tremendous amount of it in fact.
Limitations only serve to increase the experience of LIFE that is not outward and external.
Somehow being slowed to a near halt in a world that is spinning with activity brings one into another realm of reality that most people can't relate to.
If I could return to the old way...I would chose not to...now that I have been here a while. Not that life is easy...and I would certainly welcome relief from pain and illness...but somehow the best things seem to be learned the hardest way and it is those 'best things' that I would not let go of to pursue a "normal" life again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home