Attitudes
So recently we have endeavored to get rid of some negative attitudes in our home. We have all been fasting from something that is important to us in order to devote ourselves anew to the Lord and seek Him to help us overcome in this area of our life. My area to overcome isn't about a negative attitude but about learning to persevere through this process without being provoked to anger. I know that negativity just drains me physically. In the past, speaking into the negativity to correct it would get me in trouble with dh so in my weakness I eventually chose to ignore and separate myself from the negativity rather than end up in repeated conflicts over it. I am certain that wasn't a good thing but it seemed to be the "only" thing left to do unless I wanted to have more negativity on my hands to deal with. So, through this process of fasting the Lord has opened our eyes to the extent of the problem as well as the root (that ugly iceberg I referred to in the last post). How do I feel about the extent of the problem? Still as frustrated as in the past but speaking into the negativity and making attempts to correct it is no longer being met with a contradictory message from dh, so this is major progress. Phew, I am shocked at how entrenched this issue is particularly in one member of the household.
The joy of the Lord is my strength...we SHALL overcome! .... even if it kills us! : ) I'm rejoicing...processes are tiring but processing is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much a better place to be than waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting and enduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuring.
Thank you Lord!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home