Thursday, July 07, 2005

Meditation

It has been a long time since May 17 (my last blog) I am sure that was 7 years ago wasn't it, not just 7 weeks!!! Well I am glad to report that life is incredibly different. Healing, I am realizing, takes time to realize. Like who am I and where did I go? Sometimes daily I am seeing things in myself I just never saw before or a lack of things I saw for years and wished I hadn't. Wonderfully weird! I'll take it Lord and keep dumping the blessings on cuz this is good.

Divine unrest took hold of me again and usually that means the Lord is up to something new! New is good! I have days I am so hungry for more of Him I think I might die if I can't get more to eat. Interesting that my appetite for Him has increased at the same time as my appetite for natural food. This is a good thing since it is way more fun to eat when you are hungry. PTL for that. Worship isn't happening like it used to...the old seems so empty...so He is likely to carve out a new path in that area as well. There's so much more but it is hard to explain as words just seem inadequate.

Meditation

The Lord put this song on my heart recently-- "I died, I've been crucified, I no longer live, Christ lives in me!" It is igniting faith in me!!

I have been meditating on the passage "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. "

It is most often when the mind is not striving to understand something that the Lord brings revelation. As I was enjoying the conversation with my family around the supper table one evening a new thought popped into my mind. "Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of God." Ok, let me back track a bit...As I had been allowing this passage to saturate me---If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus---the question arose what does it mean to confess the Lord Jesus? So I looked up the Greek word for 'confess' and a new meaning glued itself to the fabric of my mind...to confess with my mouth the Lord, Jesus means that my speaking is in agreement with His Lordship and therefore also my thinking which preceeds the speaking. I pondered that a long time...does my speaking line up with Him? Today I spontaneously started to consider the second half "...and believe in your heart..." Immediately the verse "faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word..." paralleled the other passage for me. If faith comes from hearing and my speaking, internally and externally, lines up with His then faith is being ignited in my heart every moment I am meditating on His truth!

To believe is to be fully persuaded. Am I full of persuasion to salvation? To be saved is to be delivered. The final work of full persuasion is complete deliverance. Can I convince myself? I doubt it because meditating on His word is never about me...it is the mind of Christ that brings revelation...and it really is best to cooperate with Him and in so doing, avert the need for Him to exercise His love thru His wrath. He is a jealous God!!! and it is His jealous love that will be the salvation of His people.

Are you speaking truth to yourself and to others?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home