So much to say so little time.....
This Eckhart Tolle guy is taking a toll on me thinking...yay!!! Why did I ever put this book down all those months ago? Sometimes the time just has to be right...but before I get into talking about him I need to unload a thought that has been stirring in me for several days, perhaps weeks, now.
On Sunday a spontaneous comment fleeeeeeeeeeeew out of the mouth of a friend of mine while we were visiting with a bunch of us friends and I bwahahahahed quite loudly since the words that came out of her mouth were right there in my own mind, I just didn't say it out loud...no difference really is there?....and my laughter gave my heart away anyway. Sooooooooo the bothersome thing about all this is that "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" so it is disconcerting to think what is in my heart at times.
Some one said...
"Hmmm 'so and so' isn't here today. Have you met 'so and so'?"
Some one else said:
"No, actually, I don't think I have."
and now for my friend's comment of the day...
"Well, you aren't missing much."
Me:
"Bwwwwaaaahahahahaha!" (blush)
My Philosophy on this:
Difficult people exist in our lives to expose us to ourselves.
You know a person who is whole is not bothered by another person's behavior or attitude to the extent that their state of mind or heart is altered. So I guess we were exposed. More on that thought another day.
*************************************************************************************
I have another friend who had a dream...you see we all seem to be going thru this transformation, transition, ...call it whatever you want...and God is exposing our hearts big time and alot of healing has been happening...and I hardly think it is just us ... it seems to be a global thing that is happening in His kingdom...is He preparing for the revealing of His sons? One really has to wonder since we ARE in this seventh (Sabbath) day in His story. Ok enough said...the dream:
She found herself in a school undressed but carrying her clothing in a bundle in her hands yet not at all trying to cover her nakedness even though she felt awkward and uncomfortable with the whole situation. Suddenly an old woman appeared to her and said "Hey what ARE you doing walking around with your boobs hanging out all over the place? Get your clothes on!!!"
LOL...gotta love dreams they are a riot and who ever said God has no sense of humor!!! After the laughter subsided we had a great time with the meaning of this all. She is certainly in a school and very much being exposed...God is moving big time in her life to heal and change her... at any moment she could whip those clothes back on and hide her nakedness (kinda reminds me of the garden story) but despite the discomfort, she doesn't...but that 'old woman' her carnal nature is a bit disgusted with the whole process you see and would dearly love for her to hide her nakedness.
Was it a warning to not turn back in this process of healing? Or just a glimpse of the struggle in her to remain in this place of healing and not run back for cover to the old ways?
I can relate.
I remember coming to a crossroad in my journey where I realized that to move ahead was very difficult but to turn back was impossible. Once you have knowledge you cannot go back to a place of ignorance...oh you can chose not to walk in the knowledge but you can never really go back. (as I am rereading this I realize that the word "knowledge" is not sufficient to express my thought but for lack of a better word......)
Ok coffee break...........did I say coffee?! I need to stop drinking that stuff.
*************************************************************************************
Ok, Tolle time! I have been reading "Practicing the Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle
This is one amazing little piece of work and as I have been reading it I hear God confirming in me so many things that He has been teaching me over the last, let's see, more than 8 years. Really has been a process of being gradually stripped of my "self"ish nature which has been an awesome thing...albeit painful! 'No pain, no gain' seems to be truer than I hoped it would be and I am slooooooooow to let it go...the talons of the flesh grip deeply.
Aside from some lingo that is in some ways a refreshing difference from Christian jargon (and perhaps God's way of reaching those who have become disillusioned with Christianity), this book is really all about how to access the mind of Christ...how to walk in the Spirit man--Christ in you-- rather than being controlled by the flesh, or carnal, man. Just a glimpse here and then I must get on with the day.
Quote:
"Not to be able to stop thinking is a dreadful affliction, but we don't realize this because almost everybody is suffering from it, so it is considered normal. This incessant mental noise prevents you from finding that realm of inner stillness that is inseparable from Being (God). It also creates a false mind-made self that casts a shadow of fear and suffering....it comes between you and yourself, between you and your fellow man and woman, between you and nature, between you and God."
"The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly---you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is a disease. You believe that you are your mind. This is a delusion. The instrument has taken you over."
So Tolle says we need to stand as an observer of our thoughts rather than seeing ourself "as" our thoughts. To look at them with objectivity and let them tell us what is going on in us rather than controllng us. He also goes on to say that emotions are the mind being expressed in the body and in a given situation your body will tell you the truth about what is going on inside your head. If there is a conflict between the emotion and the mind the emotion expressed in the body is telling the truth...not ultimate truth but the truth about your state of mind at the moment.
2 Cor. 10:5 (AMP)
[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)
Ok, on with the day...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home